Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On the Road

I travel quite a bit for my career, which makes tending the farm very much a shared responsibility.  I'm currently in Chicago getting ready for a client visit in the morning and in between attending conference calls, churning through emails and squeezing out a deliverables, my thoughts stray home here and there.

I was delighted to get the report back from the home front this evening that my 7 year old daughter Jayla has been diligently taking care of the animals both morning and evening.  That's a lot of feed to hand out and water to refill and she's doing it voluntarily.  I'm very proud of her.



I'm very thankful that Ayala has always been willing to take care of farm responsibilities and deal with the challenges that inevitably come up around the property.  I've lost count of the times she's had to go collect the pigs, lock up the goats, take stock of predator losses with the birds, and probably the most gruesome dealing with the burned up chicken coop.  It wouldn't be possible without that support and I would probably have given up long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment